![]() |
| Photo by Ryan Friesen |
Things of note and things of inconsequence going on with The Holmes and our Judeone family!
Monday, July 4, 2011
Mark O'Connor Concert
Last night we had the Mark O'Connor concert. About 10 minutes before it started there was a flyover of 4 F16 planes from the Oklahoma Air National Guard. That was a treat. They were in formation and sounded really lound as they went overhead.
The concert was packed and I would say most of the people were not PCG. Actually I was expecting to enjoy fiddle music but I was totally amazed at the variety of styles and it was a wonderful concert, so uplifting. Mark O'Connor had 7 other musicians playing violin, cello, bass (cello?) and guitar. They played classical and jazz also. I was moved to tears by Mark's own composition Appalachia Waltz played before the intermission with all 8 artists. Another highlight was a very skilled Canadian fiddler lady who combined a form of tap dancing with her fiddling - very entertaining. At the end the audience applauded for an encore and they played Amazing Grace.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment