Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Full day

When I was coming into to work Sean Welsh was just getting off his shift.


The day started with a compliment to the campers. One group went rock climbing yesterday and Mr Turgeon received feedback that they had never had such well-behaved teenagers and they were eager for the rest of the group to arrive (today). Nice!

There is this thing that Mr Burns does with the campers sometimes before they eat lunch. A bit like Simple Simon I guess...


Beryl and I sat in on an excellent Womanwood Class (there are four classes the campers get).  Mrs Turgeon explained the proper dress code and went into details about what is appropriate. It was made clear with photos good and bad examples of tops, skirts and dresses. She referred to some articles including one that was in the Philadelphia News Feb 2009 "Upholding God's standard in dress and appearance".



Mr Turgeon spoke about the "Homemaker - no higher calling" and gave 9 qualities of a homemaker based on Pro 31 - (1) She puts God first above all else (2) Is a loving and supportive wife. Learn to understand your role as the wife, (3) Devotes quality time into teaching children (4) She does her job well beyond the call of duty (5) Is a g good manager of time and values , (6) Adds feminine touches to her homemaking, (7) Adds warmth to her household (8) Takes pride in her role and in the home. (9) Is happy and fulfilled in her role. 


As I was leaving to meet Marcela for a ride home, I happened to be passing when dorm 2B came back from their campus tour so I was able to snap them horsing around. 


Mr Cecil Burkes had to fix a radiator leak in one of the vans. I met him for the first time on the Sabbath. He's funny - likes to catch you a play on words.


After getting some supplies from Walmart, Marcela and I stopped for icecream at the famous Braums. I had one (small) scoop of Key Lime Pie and one of Strawberry cheesecake. Very tasty. 

Marcella enjoys her pineapple pecan ice-cream



No comments:

Post a Comment