Sunday, July 15, 2012

Great Sabbath & Dance

It was very nice to be able to sleep in this morning! Mrs Hilliker prepared a delicious breakfast of french toast & strawberries. The Hilliker's live about 10 minutes from HQ so we made our way over there arriving around 12.30pm. The Auditorium foyer was filled with campers and brethren fellowshipping and looking at the exhibit.

Services were led by David Weeks on songleading, then Mr Carlos Heyer gave the sermonette. Special music was a piano solo by one of the campers, Miss Cocomise.  Mr Gerald Flurry gave a motivating sermon for the young people and some interesting information about Irish Dance. You'll have to wait to hear the details!

Taco Soup
We fellowshipped for another 2 hours after services then had dinner at the Hillikers with Paula Powell. Did I say before that we are just having so much fun and laughter?  I think the campers had Bible bowl after dinner.

I was actually feeling a bit tired - all that talking wears you out but got energized when I thought about the dance which I knew would be a fun activity for the campers too, so we headed out for that and arrived around 9pm.


 

They were already in the swing of doing a line dance led by Mr & Mrs Brandon, the dance instructors this year.  One of the funniest dances was like Simon says where they would stop the music and Mr Brandon would say what kind of expression the dancers had to make and hold. Observers would go around and tap a couple on the shoulder to be eliminated if they weren't quite getting the right expression.


 



During the dance there was a snack bar outside the gym where campers could go and buy drinks and snacks. The dance was to go on until 11pm but I left at 10 as I have work tomorrow at 7am.


There are now over 500 pictures in the album after only 4 days. I am going to have to split it up into more albums otherwise it will be pretty big one by the end of camp!









9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for all the pictures and updates, Mrs. Holmes!
    - Shaina Carter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandon Szabo is the young man on the left in the Sabbath photo (his back is to the camera). He just turn 13 and was so excited for his first PYC Camp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brandon was waiting a full year to be there - I'm sure it was worth the wait - LOL Dave S. His Dad.

      Delete
    2. The other boy with the big smile is Sam Nicholson (Australia)
      From His Mum

      Delete
  3. Hello! Mrs Holmes

    It so awesome being able to through all these pictures that you have posted. And we really appreciate the up date comments also.
    In trying to post a name with pictures of our son, we kept getting a error notice. We were signed in, must have been doing something else wrong.
    "Thank You So Much For All That You Do"

    Syl Yoder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might just need to write it in the comments for the picture?

      Delete
  4. Hi Melonie.
    I have tried the same as Syl, and keep getting the error message too.
    Thanks,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's the error message you get? I tried posting a comment while logged into my other gmail account and it worked fine.

      Delete