Thursday, July 19, 2012

Morning basketball, whistle while you work

We had a busy day preparing the usual meals and starting on prep for the Etiquette dinner. This is an event where the campers have a formal dinner - 4 dorms at a time.  The first one will be on Sunday night.

I'm staying with the Hilliker's Snr so I see that Mr Carl Hilliker leaves with us every Tuesday and Thursday to go and play basketball with a group of HQ congregation men. I snuck in on them and got some shots of the action. It's great that they can be so energetic that early - I'm sure it gives them a great start to the day.

Every day a dorm helps clean up after the meal in the hall - cleaning tables, putting up chairs and running the dishwasher. You can tell that the campers are getting in the swing of camp as today dorm 4B broke into song while working in the kitchen. It was fun listening to them. Here is a clip of "We are the Champions".


I had another day of great fellowship having a lunch with Melissa Burks at Panera Bread and dinner with Aimee Goulet at Old Chicago. It's like being at the feast!


1 comment: