Time is going by so fast, it's hard to believe a week of camp is over - we only have 13 days left. It may seem a long time for parents and spouses waiting for your loved ones to come home but here I look at the calendar and basically see just next week left :( I am looking forward to the time when we will all be together. PYC really gives me a taste of how that will be -working together, playing together and learning from each other.
In the kitchen I learnt to make a roux (?) today. That was a lot of stirring over a hot stove but it sure tasted good when the cheese sauce was done. By lunchtime, I was pretty tired having only got 3.5hrs sleep - went to bed late and awoke before alarm so my camper shots are limited to a volleyball class (album 6).
At 6.30pm 5 of us kitchen workers and Mrs Burns went to see the new Spiderman Movie. I had a lot of fun hanging out with the ladies and the movie was ok (a bit slow to get going and predictable storyline). Afterwards we went to Cherry Berry self-serve yogurt which is in the same plaza. That was a lot of fun in dispensing and accessorizing our own frozen yogurt. They charge you by the ounce at 39c.
We are planning to go the famous Tea Room next Thursday for lunch. It is so great to be able to enjoy all this fellowship. We also want to do a game night and at-home movie night.





No comments:
Post a Comment